Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Apologize


Honesty flowing out of me,
it is Katrina over a broken levy.
Levies broken so soon.
I will not swoon
for Katrina.
And I apologize but will not sympathize
 for a loss without a gain.
One in which,
 I watch.
Pitter patter,
waiting for the dismissal
Of words,
hopes,
dreams to spare.
Ones that, I really wouldn’t dare
Let escape.
A bag of winds,
Hold tight.
Threading and pulling as winds prevail,
pulling the ropes sail after sail.
I will seal it shut, the best I can.
To let it escape, I would not dare.
 I said I wouldn’t,
and I thought I couldn’t,
but the levies couldn’t hold
 as the honesty
flew out of me.
That Katrina with no shame.
I begged and pulled the bag of winds closed,
the pandora’s box with fate’s return.
I apologize. 

Original photography and poetry by Erin Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment